- FOCUS ON CONTENT
- SHARE THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- DO NOT USE MOBILE PHONE
- DISAGREE WITHOUT BEING DISAGREEABLE
- CHALLENGE IDEAS NOT PEOPLE
- BE BRIEF AND TO THE POINT
- DO NOT HAVE PARALLEL CONVERSATION
- Share a pre-read at least 48 hrs in advance. Start with a short summary and ask for comments/questions instead of flipping through powerpoints.
- Use the meeting to discuss, create, decide not to read the slides.
One on one dialogues; use a 5+5 list where each person shares 5 topics that he/she wants to discuss. Share the 5+5 with each other at least 48 hrs in advance so both are prepared. 10 items x 5 min is a small hour with clear preparation from both sides.